Unfortunately, podq.com is no longer maintained. Please visit my new site at http://www.joshualyman.com for new and updated content. Thank you!

Created as an entry for 43places.com.

Of all of places in God’s nature, Switzerland has got to be the most beautiful of all. Amazing mountain landscapes and lush blooming pastures, this country must be on the top of everyone’s to-go list.During the winter you can often gondolla rides to the tops of the alps, and then rent sleds and sled down basically the entire mountain on a windy path. During the summer, you can visit the lower elevations – all of the shops and sightseeing areas. Berne is my favorite city in Switzerland.

New Years is a big deal there as well. If you are visiting a small town there, as I was one year, don’t be surprised when the entire village comes tromping in through the hotel lobby and out in the streets in joyous celebration, or when the manager of the hotel doesn’t make you pay because of the inebriati—fun night he had. Visit visit go!

26 responses

Do you want to comment?

Comments RSS ?

Australia is by far the most beautiful and best country on earth and ahead of
any region on earth. Go all around the world and see for yourself! Well for starters Australia has the cleanest and most beautiful beaches on earth, and the scenery is magnificant. I gaurantee you will not find a country or region
half as good as the Aussie outback and country as a whole. Australians are laid back and odopts the motto as “G’day mate”, “She’ll be right mate”, and “No worries mate”.

A list of the best five countries/regions are:
1.Australia 9 000 000 points
2.Norway 113 points
3.Canada 112 points
4.Switzerland 110 points
5.Sweden 109 points
5.Finland 109 points
5.New Zealand 109 points
5.Iceland 109 points
5.Alaska 109 points (though not a country this region just has to be considered right up there)

10.AUSTRIA 106 points
11.CROATIA 105 points
12.BAHAMAS 104 points
13.BARBADOS 103 points
14.FIJI 100 points
15.GREEK ISLAND 99 points
15.Ireland Republic 99 points
17.THAILAND 98 points
18.MALAYSIA 97 points

As you can see there are 4 countries and a region holding the same ranking as these countries and region are to close to judge. On top of the list I have exaggerated but this shows just how much better Australia is compared to the rest of the world. Behind the “Aussies” are Norway (2nd) just ahead of Canada (3rd. Switzerland comes in 4th in front of the chasing pack by only a single point. Alsaka being a region can also be paced among the 4 country composition.

November 1, 2005 7:59 pm

Hahaha! Matt, that has got to be the most interesting (if perhaps lacking in authenticity) list I have ever seen!

How did your point system come about? 50-Year longtitudonal studies? Careful censuses? The number of square miles without a human inhabitant?

I’m glad to see that at least Switzerland made the list! ;-)

November 1, 2005 8:04 pm

Whatever Matt!! Australia at best is just beautiful along it’s coast, albeit not most of it. It’s humungous vast outback is dry, desolate, barren and ugly as!! You have soooo got to be joking kid!! However, I do agree with you that Australia does have an excellent overall standard of living.

The most beautiful countries are:
New Zealand
Switzerland
Austria
Norway

June 1, 2008 10:24 pm

The Holy Land.

June 23, 2008 9:16 pm

what about france.is suppose to be the beautiful tcountry on earth

October 27, 2008 2:13 pm

Where is Indonesia?
Have you been to this country?

November 26, 2008 8:59 am

Croatia is by far the prettiest…
it’s so very multi-geographical, and the sea is filled with wild life! This is a not very polluted country, and has been accopied by the greeks, b.c, and there are many ancient building and churhces
When I went to croatia,
IT WAS PARADISE.

January 7, 2009 8:34 pm

greece is the most beautiful country ever..
you have to discover that country..
spain is beautiful too

January 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Sweden is my pick. I must say, after being there last year I plan on moving there at some point in my life…it’s worth learning the language (which isnt too difficult). Sweden is like a little Utopia, who’s beauty couldn’t be matched be Norway or Finland (IMO). Switzerland is nice too.

January 14, 2009 8:57 am

To me, Norway is the most beautiful country in the world! I’m swedish and I visited Norway last year. I had heard about the beauty of Norway but I never thought it would be THAT beautiful! I was absolutley stunned! The nature and landscape is amazing! I wasn’t crazy about the capital, Oslo though, and they drive like maniacs but it’s still the most beautiful country I’ve seen!

February 7, 2009 4:53 am

Ireland and Scotland are at the very top.
Croatia is good for dying, starting wars, and killing Archduke Franz Ferdinand.(Albeit they didn’t directly kill him)

February 11, 2009 11:00 pm

Actually switzerland,france,Sweden,italy, and spain are the best.

February 23, 2009 9:03 am

Croatia is by far the most beautiful country in the world!

Jon, Archduke Franz Ferdinand was killed by the Serbian Black Hand.

Croatia has the best beaches (that aren’t overcrowded), tons of history and beautiful buildings, and of course the greatly varying terrain.

I live in Canada… now what is beautiful about Canada… I can’t understand…

March 7, 2009 5:30 pm

Canada is the most beautiful country by far.
Canada has all types of beautiful terrain such as in British Columbia there is so many beautiful plants animal and people.

March 16, 2009 9:08 pm

animals*

March 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Nepal is the best in the world.Nepal is the country of Mount Everest and birth place of lord Buddha.

April 4, 2009 1:58 am

Greece with differently landscapes mountain lakes rivers and of course

July 9, 2009 9:14 am

islad

July 9, 2009 9:14 am

greece with differently landscspes mountain lakes rivers and of course the islad rodos creta zakynthos lefkada and many others island with the best beaches in europe and south peloponesses is one of the best beaches in the world

July 9, 2009 9:17 am

East and west Nepal is the Best!!!!!!.Understood???

July 28, 2009 9:45 pm

East and West,Nepal is the Best.visit Nepal year 2010.Come and see.List are.
Pokharra, Karnali Zone , Humla , Jumla, Annapurna conservation Area , Solukhumbu , Tilicho Lake and by the god’s grace 8/10 mountains above 8000m above are in Nepal.

July 28, 2009 9:47 pm

for me NORWAY is the best when it comes to nature and people.they are creature of fjords.i love NORWAY!

August 2, 2009 6:01 am

I don’t think there is a specific answer to this question. 1)You would have to visit all countries(and places) on earth-sth that is somewhat impossible. 2)Most(if not all) people consider their own country as the most beautiful one(and that’s the reason their opinion is usually NOT objective). 3)Some places differ so much you just cant make a comparison between them. To end with i d like to remind you that every country (without exception) has many, many, many beautiful (and non-beautiful) places!

August 10, 2009 4:44 pm

PAKISTAN IS BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

October 8, 2011 11:42 pm

Nepal is the best of all…. Love you Nepal,….
Mt 8848m is in here

January 25, 2012 7:34 am

Well, honestly it is definitly Turkey. Because it has all four seasons: it snows, rains, Its warm. It also has a really good history very beautiful beaches, and alos the most eautiful city in the world which is ISTANBUL

March 24, 2012 2:45 am

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.