Unfortunately, podq.com is no longer maintained. Please visit my new site at http://www.joshualyman.com for new and updated content. Thank you!

Thank you thank you to all who have found and used the Travelogue Theme for WordPress over the past couple years. I was elated to find that it has been ported to several other systems as well, and occasionally run across a site using it, which really makes me giddy!

I realize that there have been many problems trying to access it, download the PSD files, or locate the fonts. Time has a way of changing everything. I have finally gotten around to locating the original source files I have, and will reupload them, along with the updated 2.0 (finished before I left) so that they will again be available.

I have a few ideas churning around in my head for a future version of Travelogue, but it has not even begun to be truly mapped out yet, so if you have any ideas, requests, or suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you again to all who have found and used this theme, as it encourages me to continue to learn and produce new things myself.

14 responses

Do you want to comment?

Comments RSS ?

Yay! I’m happy to hear that you are back and going to work on Travelogue again. I loved the theme, but ran into a bug with the new upgrade and have had to switch to another. I’ll keep my eyes out for your upgrade so I can switch back.

May 19, 2008 12:31 pm

Great that you’re back, I’m a big fan of the theme. A quick question/request: do you have plans to update it for the latest version of Word Press? And if so, when?
tx…

May 28, 2008 4:37 am

Wow! I found the Travelogue theme last week and I do like it very much! But it’s not widget-ready, will the update you’re planning be widgetized? Please let me know, so I can keep using this wonderful theme.

June 16, 2008 8:00 am

I have a working test copy that is widget ready, I’m just finishing up a couple other modifications as well. Unfortunately, it is finals week till Thursday of this week, so certainly not before Thursday. But I’m very pleased you like Travelogue! I will post an entry as soon as it is finished.

June 17, 2008 8:24 am

Hey there Josh!

I can’t wait to see your updates as I find Travelogue is right down my alley. I have one problem though.

I have the travelogue template visible online: You can view it here: http://blog.successunplugged.com and the problem I’m having is that I can’t see the design within WordPress admin. WordPress tells me that I don’t have a style sheet or css file. I also cannot find the sidebar for editing. Am I dumb or am I’m overlooking something?

Any feedback would appreciative.

Best!

July 2, 2008 2:14 pm

Good to see you back and working on travelogue

cant wait to see the new version as I love it!!

July 8, 2008 6:10 am

The nearly finished theme is applied to the site. You can check it out from time to time to see the finishing touches.

Note: This update, Travelogue 2.5, is only meant to bring it up to speed with WP2.5. New features will be included in later releases.

July 11, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi Josh, I love your travelogue template and I’m using it in a modified way for recessiontips.co.uk. I have found one problem – if I have more than one post in a day, earlier posts for the same day are blank in the date box. Any ideas what might be causing that? I’ll have a look myself, and if I find the answer, I’ll get back to you with the code.
Blessings,
Jean.

July 15, 2008 5:20 am

Jean,
Yes, this was a problem with the very first version of Travelogue. It was actually fixed with version 2, which never seemed to circulate as much. Then I left on a mission for two years and couldn’t maintain it, so it never caught on.
But no worries, it’s been fixed, and will be released with v2.5 as soon as I can fix a couple remaining CSS bugs. Or, you could certainly go looking in the code, as that would provide some great experience as well! Thanks for the watchful eye.

July 15, 2008 7:22 am

Josh, thanks for the heads-up. I temporarily patched it by using the_time instead of the_date, and directly displaying the required elements instead of assigning a string, then exploding to an array, then displaying the elements of the array. It’s probably only worth assigning an array for an incremented loop. I know mine’s not textbook coding, but I learnt programming a l-o-o-o-n-g time ago (before the textbooks were written)!

Blessings,
Jean.

July 15, 2008 10:33 am

It’s very nice to use your theme. I like it so much and use the template for my blog. The only problem for this theme is no widgets. Well then, can’t wait to see the new version, absolutely with the widgets..
Keep the spirit…

July 28, 2008 12:46 pm

So, a little hint to all… Travelogue 2.5 has been submitted to the WordPress folks, since they are going to start managing themes like they do plugins, and I just got back the review from them today. As soon as I make a couple quick tweaks and resubmit, Travelogue 2.5 will be available from wordpress.org/extend/themes! So just you wait…

July 28, 2008 11:51 pm

Good news, will try it when it comes available !

July 30, 2008 11:42 am

Any update on whether the theme is available yet? Thanks!

October 19, 2008 12:12 am