Unfortunately, podq.com is no longer maintained. Please visit my new site at http://www.joshualyman.com for new and updated content. Thank you!

The latest and greatest of Travelogue is now available for download at WordPress.org! You can check it out at the WordPress Theme Repository and download away.

The version currently stands at 2.6.9, but it is effectively 2.7. This is because every time you submit a theme to the repository and it gets rejected for weird little reasons (as this one did), you are forced to bump up the version number it seems. Pretty soon here I’ll re-upload it as 2.7.

Thanks for everyone that did testing and waited for this! I’ll include a more detailed post later. For now, note that many CSS bugs have been worked out, it is now internationalized, and the Photoshop files are included in the download. Thanks for your support and enjoy the theme!

20 responses

Do you want to comment?

Comments RSS and TrackBack Identifier URI ?

Thanks for the updates – I’ve been using it for our travel based site (updated for a 2 week period once every three years or so) and Love to see that you’re still working on this – thank you!

June 11, 2009 11:25 pm

I LOVE the look of this theme but the post titles seem to be broken in Firefox. They overlap the date box.

June 14, 2009 7:51 am

Thanks IWByte and Rob.

@Rob: Can you provide a link? I’ve tested it in all versions of Firefox and I’ve never seen that behavior before? I’d love to see the bug in action.

June 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Great theme! I am a new user of the theme as well as a new blogger. I have two issues:

1. My older post overlaps into the sidebar. How do I correct this?

2. I use the upload photo feature when adding a new post. The image is captured in editor but does not appear on my post.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

June 22, 2009 11:37 am

Lani, I visited your site and everything looked okay to me. Can you provide a link or a screenshot to what is going on? Thanks.

July 1, 2009 6:17 pm

I seem to have figured it out but not sure what I did to get there. :) Thanks!

July 4, 2009 10:30 am

Joshua;
I’m having the same problem “?” as Lani. I’ve uploaded photos into the media library but nothing shows in the Polaroids section. Other than that I love the theme. I’m using it for a family history website and it looks great. Thanks

July 11, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi,

great theme, really love the fact that you included the photoshop files and all the documentation like color codes etc. Way better than most other themes. Made it fairly easy to start modifying it to my own colors and pics. Very nice!

However, I seem to be running into a little bug: I have a shop plug-in that places its articles BELOW my left hand site menu… It does not happen in all browsers, but with a lot of them thought. Which makes my think that it has something to do with this theme, not the plugin. Could it have something to do with div’s?

July 12, 2009 7:28 am

Sorry to use this space for that.
I realy like your template and i want to use, but i’m a kind o “stuped” in use this and i dont know what i have to do tu star to use your template.
Can you help me?

I’m from Brazil but i’m in Chicago now and i’m going to volunteer in Africa, Mozambique.

Pedro
SKYPE: pedrodmribeiro

November 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Pedro, the easiest way is to go into your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Add New Themes, and then search for Travelogue. It will be the only result that comes up. Click “Install” and it will be ready!

Otherwise, you can download the theme, unzip everything, and upload the “travelogue” folder to your site under wp-content > themes. Go into your WordPress Dashboard and activate it under the Appearance tab. Good luck!

November 13, 2009 10:13 am

I would like to remove the reference to Comments: the text at the bottom that says “Comments are closed” and “Comments Off”.

tried to edit the comments.php, but keep getting errors. Sorry I am very new to this, any help is much appreciated. Fabulous theme! Love it!

December 8, 2009 6:29 pm

Sandy, I assume from your comment that you only want those two particular comments to not show up, but want other comments to show up if there are comments on the post. To do that, delete line 62 of comments.php.

December 9, 2009 9:04 am

Hello,

We’re going on a round-the-world trip and I’m going to try and blog the experience. I want to have the first post as a sticky with a large map showing our movements, and I’d like to have it as far up the page as possible, but to still have the theme look nice, so:
1. Where can I remove the Search and Choose topic items from the top of the page( more important), and
2. Is it possible to reduce the height of the header with the site name (while keeping the cool polaroid) (less important).

Thanks so much,

Lauri

December 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Lauri, you can definitely remove the Search and Choose Topic items (remove the subheader layer from header.php, lines 47-50), but it won’t gain you space for the posts. Same thing with shortening up the size of the header graphic. The way the theme was originally structured, the bottom edge of the polaroid pictures forms the bottom edge of the header, and the top edge of the content. Unless you wanted to do a lot of restructuring of the original theme code, I don’t think you’ll achieve exactly what you want, sorry about that! Good luck with your travels though!

December 14, 2009 9:50 am

Josh
How do I get the random photo to work at the top left corner. I can’t seem to get it to work. Just says to add picture to random dir.

December 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Jayson, it just says that because well, that’s all you have to do. Make sure to put your images into the randimages folder, size them to 202x187px, upload, and they should randomly rotate. If that’s not working, then you need to provide more details, like what exactly isn’t working and where your site is located.

December 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Still have the same problem josh
no pics will load

December 26, 2009 7:15 pm

When rotator.php doesn’t work, try using the rotatorm.php file. That uses a different method, and usually works when the other doesn’t. Change line 39 of header.php to reference the rotatorm.php file. I tried both methods on your site, and rotatorm.php worked.

A note to all: pretty much everything that is typically asked is answered in the readme.txt file. I certainly welcome all questions, but please do check in the readme file before asking to see if there is already a solution. Thx!

December 26, 2009 8:56 pm

thanks
got it working. with one photo, but as soon as I added more photos it stopped working

December 26, 2009 11:45 pm

Everyone with questions about the randimages folder, the polaroid, or many other Travelogue theme-related questions, I just put up a post hoping to answer a lot of these, check it out at this Travelogue post. Hope that helps!

February 2, 2010 10:41 am

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.